Let’s face it: finding a place to rent when you have a felony record is difficult *understatement* and often discouraging.
Here are a few tips to help you navigate the process and find a place that you can call home.
- Be upfront about your past
- Write a letter explaining situation
- Talk to someone before submitting rental application
- If possible speak to the homeowner, and if not then speak to the property manager.
- Avoid HOA’s (because they suck)
- Save up 3 months of rent
- Reach out to your network
Check out the H2F Youtube Channel: Handcuffed to Freedom
Contact us at email@example.com
If you’d like to support the work we do, you can at https://www.patreon.com/handcuffedtofreedom